Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Nigerian Bloggers...U soooo Crrrraaaaaazyyy

I spent most of the day today reading other peoples blogs, particularly those of my Nigerian peeps. Clearly I missed the memo when the blogging revolution took place last year, because most of these blogs were atleast a year old. (Note to self: never think you're too big or cool to partake in anything, as to you may miss out on the opportunity to grou and become more connected to the world around you. I guess better late than never).
The topics of these blogs range from fashion, to politics, to afrocentricity, to travel. People are really living out there. At this point, I'm starting to wonder if I'm the only one in the world in search of my "It Factor", as some of these people seem to have already found it and taking full advantage of it. Some of the more memorable blogs I ran into are "The World According to Adaure", "Bella Naija", and "Kisses and Roses". These bloggers have a firm grip on the art of blogging, and a lot of them even comment on each others blogs. Their work is so prolific that the one question that kept running through my mind was "How do they find the time?!?!?!" There's even a site, Nigerian Bloggers, where one can go to link his/her blog to for others to see. (I'm still trying to figure out how to get my blog on this site, so if anyone knows, please holla at your girl).
So my fellow Nigerians, in case you ever doubted, let me assure you that our people are talented, creative, smart, witty, and just down right silly. I have enjoyed myself thouroughly today. You make me feel proud to be Nigerian. My hope is that my words will entertain and inspire someone too, like these veteran bloggers have inspired me today. Thank You for being you!